Getting Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Most people who get dark circles under their eyes think it’s just due to a lack of sleep. If that were the case, getting rid of dark circles would just be a matter of some extra napping here and there. Instead, there are a number of different factors that can contribute to “raccoon eyes,” and each leads to a different strategy for getting rid of them.
Common Aids for Getting Rid of Dark Circles
- Getting enough sleep: As mentioned, this is the first obvious step many try to alleviate dark circles beneath the eyes. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, try switching something up in your routine. Hit the hay a bit earlier, lay off the alcohol or cigarettes in the late hours, and avoid computer or television use just before bed: anything with a backlit screen can keep you up longer.
- Sleeping position: While you’re sleeping, fluid buildup In the tissue around your eyes can make them appear more sunken-in. Try sleeping on your sides, or if you really prefer sleeping on your back, place some extra pillows behind your head to avoid having your head lay horizontally all night.
- Treat your allergies: Most don’t realize that their allergies can have aesthetic affects even when they’re not feeling them. Make sure to avoid whatever causes your allergies, and if it’s one you can’t avoid like a seasonal allergy, take your medicine in a timely manner.
- Clear nasal congestion: Similar to the above, if your sinuses are stuffy, they can make the darkness around your eyes more prominent. If you have a cold, sinus clearing medication can help in getting rid of dark circles.
- General health: Taking care of your health also helps your skin look and feel healthier in general, and that includes the skin around your eyes. Be sure to drink plenty of clear liquids so you stay hydrated, and get enough vitamins and nutrients.
Top Products for Getting Rid of Dark Circles
If home remedies and lifestyle changes aren’t enough, there are a number of products that can help eliminate or reduce dark circles. The best creams and treatments for getting rid of dark circles are those that address three major points:
- Fight signs of aging: Beauty supplements that strengthen blood vessels, boost collagen production, and reduce fine lines around your eyes all help in reducing the size and darkness of your bags.
- Reduce damage to skin: As much as we love the sun, its rays weaken skin and advance signs of aging. Any beauty regimen to improve your skin, including one aimed at getting rid of dark circles under your eyes, should protect your skin from UV rays to prevent long term damage to the area.
- Address the circles themselves: Last but not least, the best under eye treatments are, of course, those that deal with the dark circles themselves, which are actually bruises. Some of the most important ingredients for this are Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, which reduces leakage of blood vessels in the delicate skin around your eyes. Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3 are also important, as they stimulate the production of collagen.
Now that you know what to look for, finding the right product should be a cinch. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them out there to look through, and even with the right ingredients, not all are as effective as they could be.
To make it even easier for you, we’ve reviewed the top treatments for getting rid of dark circles and ranked them by a number of metrics. So what are you waiting for? Click here to find the best treatment now!