Finding Your Perfect Swimsuit
Contrary to your deepest fears, you can find a flattering swimsuit no matter what kind of body type you have. First, it helps to pick a quality swimsuit. Good stitching and fit are especially important with something this form-fitting. Additionally, there are a number of fun trends to follow this season. Here are some tips on finding your best swimsuit.
Consider Your Body Type
Although you should wear the swimsuit style that you want to wear, you can find a swimsuit that is flattering for your body type. There are six body types to consider when searching for a swimsuit. Let us break them down.
- Pear: If your body is pear-shaped, you want to balance out your shape. This means having padded cups. Having ruffles in the chest area is also a great way to balance out your look.
- Hourglass: If you have an hourglass shape, you want to emphasize your waist. This means wearing a swimsuit with one solid color. You also want underwire for your bust.
- Curvy: If you are curvy or plus size, a belt can help show off a more hourglass shape. The bust should have underwire. There should also be adjustable straps. Pick a one-piece suit that has one solid color.
- Slim: If you have a slim body type, experimenting with patterns can be a great way to seem curvier. Cutouts are also a great way to give the illusion of a more shapely figure. Swimsuits with less coverage can also cause this effect.
- Petite: If you are petite, you can get away with almost any swimsuit look. You can follow the latest trends. Ribbed details will look great on you. High-cut legs can help you look a bit taller.
- Tall: If you are a tall person, a high-cut swimsuit will accentuate your long legs as well as make the torso appear smaller. If you need to find a longer swimsuit, a bandeau style swimsuit can help. You can also find a swimsuit with detachable straps.
A Quality Swimsuit
Chlorine and suntan lotions can cause damage to swimsuits. This is why it is important to find a swimsuit that is durable and can withstand the test of time. If you are someone who needs more bust support, this is especially important as you want your swimsuit to last as long as possible. A swimsuit with bust support may be a little more expensive.
You can extend the life of your swimsuit by washing it by hand with mild soap. You should wash it as soon as you are done with it. You also want to keep it out of direct sunlight. It should be laid out flat to dry as hanging it on a line may stretch it out.
There are a few trends that stand out this year. Wallpaper floral prints have been on trend for a while. These prints have slowly made their way to swimsuits.
Cutouts are another swimsuit trend. They add a bold statement to the swimsuit, and they also add a bit of sex appeal.
Rainbow stripes are also having a moment. The coming of summer means pride parades. Bold rainbow stripes add fun and color to a swimsuit.
Textured swimsuits are another interesting trend this summer. They add dimension to the swimsuit, and shoulder accents add extra frill. It is a great way to have a swimsuit that is more dressed up.
Three Top Tips
Most women like to pick black swimsuits because it is more flattering. However, going for a burgundy or navy blue can also be effective. Dark green is another color that creates a slimming effect as well as a pop of color.
Sometimes, you can try going up or down in swimsuit size. Different styles of swimsuits fit your body differently. Also, different brands of swimsuits may fit differently.
If you have a larger bust size, pick swimsuits that are sized by bra sizes instead of dress sizes. Find swimsuits that have underwire. The underwire will give you the extra support you need.
For more fashion tips, check out our other articles.