Discover the Magical Skin Care Benefits of Facial Oil
Believe it or not, oil can sometimes be good for the skin. While many of us associate oil with acne or a shiny complexion, the right kind of face oil can resolve a number of skin problems. It can even transform your skin from appearing dull to glowing. To help you decide if oil is the right thing to add to your skin care routine, we’ve put together this brief guide.
In this article:
- What Is Face Oil Formulated to Do?
- What Are Face Oils Made From?
- What Is the Best Way to Use Skin Oil in a Skin Care Routine?
- Who Is a Good Candidate for Face Oils?
- Improve Your Skin’s Appearance With Face Oil
What Is Face Oil Formulated to Do?
Face oils are one of today’s top skin care solutions. The product is formulated to work with the natural oils in your skin to maintain a healthy balance. Your skin already produces lipids and oils that work to prevent your skin from losing water so that it remains hydrated. Face oil helps your skin with this task.
When you apply a face oil, it should complement the oils that your skin naturally generates. While face oils offer several benefits, their main job is to provide an extra degree of protection for your body’s skin.
Think of your skin like a brick wall. Your body’s skin cells are the hard, strong bricks while the lipids and oils are the mortar, the stuff that keeps the bricks in place and stops outside elements from making their way inside. Face oils are a kind of emollient. This means that they work to increase the strength of your skin’s outer layer by softening it and adding a sealing element to prevent the loss of water.
What Are Face Oils Made From?
Often, face oils are plant-based. Most manufacturers develop them from different parts of plants like the roots, leaves and flowers. Because plants contain a variety of helpful ingredients, the benefits of applying a skin oil are enormous.
Face oils are a product that most people use to keep their skin hydrated, but they can also support anti-aging efforts while adding healing and anti-bacterial properties.
What Is the Best Way to Use Skin Oil in a Skin Care Routine?
When it comes to caring for the skin, you can use serums and moisturizers along with face oils. With so many different skin care options, it can be tough to decide how and when to use the different products. Here are a few tips.
- Start with your lightest product first. This will be your serum or face oil. Applying the oil after using a serum helps lock it into place. Then, move on to your thicker products such as your sunscreen or moisturizer.
- Consider adding a few drops of skin oil to your serum or facial moisturizer to obtain the product’s helpful properties. Rather than waiting to use one after the other, mixing two products together is another option. Try it both ways to see which method makes your skin feel and look better.
- Apply face oil during your morning or evening skin care routine. Since oil is a product that works to resolve skin problems like excessive dryness or dark spots, try it at night first to allow the product time to seep into your skin.
- Find the technique that works best for you. Skin is individual to every human. This means that your skin care routine will depend on what you want the oil to do for your skin and your particular skin type. One frequently used application technique is to use a face oil in a way that allows it to multitask with your current skin care products.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Face Oils?
As with any new product that you’re adding to your skin care routine, add face oil cautiously at first to make sure that your skin responds positively. Face oil is a great product for any type of skin as long as the person applying it does so moderately. Oil is something that requires a test drive.
Improve Your Skin’s Appearance With Face Oil
Face oil is designed to work in tandem with other skin care products. By adding oil to your skin care routine, you may discover that your face has transformed from dull to exuding a healthy shine. To learn more about taking care of your skin, check out our other informative articles.