Anti Wrinkle Cream for Men
There is nothing wrong with wanting to look your best at any age. While most anti-aging products are targeted at females, men can also benefit from taking care of their appearance as the years roll by through investing in a high quality anti wrinkle cream for men. If you’re a first-time anti wrinkle cream for men shopper, below is a list of tips and advice for finding the right product for your skin.
Best Anti Wrinkle Cream for Men
The first step in any regimen of anti wrinkle cream for men is to figure out what type of skin you have. Most men fall into one of the following skin types:
- Dry Skin – your skin rarely gets oily, shiny, or greasy. You may even have problems with flaky skin, or your skin may feel tight shortly after cleansing. Dry skin formulas and anti wrinkle creams are usually oil-based to give your skin the extra moisture it needs.
- Normal skin – you have brief periods of dryness after cleansing, and your skin might be oily at the end of the day before you wash it. But for most of the time in-between, your face is neither oily nor dry. Anti wrinkle cream for men can be either oil-based or water-based depending on the manufacturer.
- Oily skin – if it has been longer than five minutes since you last washed your face, you probably have a nice sheen to you. Your face often feels greasy or oily by the end of the day. You may have had moderate to severe acne problems when you were younger. Anti wrinkle cream for men with oily skin is usually water-based to avoid over-moisturizing and making your oily skin worse.
- Combination skin – parts of your face might be oily, while other areas are usually dry. With combination skin, the oily parts are often found in the “T-Zone” – across the forehead and down the center of your face, including your nose and chin. Combination skin can be tricky to moisturize because different parts of your skin have different needs.
- Sensitive Skin – Sensitive skin may often react negatively to any personal hygiene product you apply to your face, often in the form of a rash or a burning/tingling sensation. Finding an anti wrinkle cream for men with sensitive skin poses its own challenges, because most products may contain ingredients which will irritate their face.
Knowing what type of skin you are dealing with is important so that you can buy the best anti wrinkle cream for men that addresses your specific needs. A man with dry skin who buys a product meant for oily or combination skin might still have problems with crow’s feet and fine lines because he isn’t getting the moisture he needs. Likewise, someone with oily skin who buys an oil-based wrinkle cream might see his skin problems get worse.
How Do Anti Wrinkle Cream for Men Work?
Are you concerned with reducing and preventing wrinkles in certain problem areas? Or all over your face? How much time do you spend in the sun, and how high of an SPF should your anti wrinkle cream for men contain? These are all very important questions you have to ask yourself before you make a final purchase.
The first area of your face to develop wrinkles is usually around the eyes. Crow’s feet, dark circles, bags, and sagging eyelids are warning signs that you should invest in an anti wrinkle cream for men. If the rest of your skin still looks fresh, but you’re starting to look a little tired and saggy around the eyes, you might want to forego a full-face formula and invest in an anti wrinkle eye serum. Also, here’s a pro-tip: investing in a good pair of sunglasses with UV protective lenses will help your eye serum be that much more effective. Be sure to wear them outside on sunny days to protect the skin around your eyes.
Speaking of sun damage, some experts claim that as much as 90% of premature skin aging can be blamed on that big, yellow ball in the sky. You could buy multiple products, or you could save your money by buying an anti wrinkle cream for men which already includes an SPF. How much protection you need depends on your life style and where you live. If you live in a particularly sunny area and are outside frequently, then the more SPF your anti wrinkle cream for men has, the better. If not, you might want to aim for a lower SPF of 25 or so.
So there you go – you’re all set to get started looking for the best anti wrinkle cream for men that your money can buy. Just be sure that you get the right product for your particular skin type, your problem areas, and your lifestyle.
Interested in comparing creams? Click here to see which creams are the best performers!